SQ-6 User Accounts…

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-6 User Accounts…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of churchy churchy 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

Hi folks! I’m wanting to purchase an SQ-6 and want to know what user options there are to prevent accidental changes. Can someone confirm if:
    -Password protected user accounts can be created?
    -They can be used to restrict functionality such as patching assignments, channel strip assignments, EQ etc?

It looks like this is available on the GLD series so a little surprised if this is not on it…

If not, are there plans to provide any of this in future firmware updates? Couldn’t find anything about this on forum or manual.
    Many thanks, any information gratefully received!

Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

Meant to also ask if user accounts can be used via wifi on iphone/android devices?
    Thanks!

Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

Anyone? Is there any user account control on the SQ5/6? If not is this planned for later releases?
    Thanks in anticipation!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Word is that’s all coming later as a firmware upgrade. Already there on other models. That said. I have sold many consoles over the last 6 years. I have no one to my knowledge that has any problem with this. Most don’t even use the user account. Scenes save everything so recall is not an issue.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

It is usefull for less experienced assistants to mix in the absence of the engineer. Restricted access removes risk of them accidently doing anything they dont know how to undo! Im looking forward to this!

Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

There is a chance it may never be needed however I would be MUCH happier knowing there is a plan B if things go wrong; it only takes an unsupervised child or someone who “knows how it works” leaving an unpleasant surprise!

I suppose the real motivation is for remote access via phone or tablet – a musician who can’t see anything other than their mix can’t cause grief for someone else – drummer being deafened while guitarist “still can’t hear it”! Imagine!…

How true is the rumour it will come later and do we have an ETA?…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.