SQ-6 problem with different output levels on A out and B out

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-6 problem with different output levels on A out and B out

This topic contains 21 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Oskar Larsson Oskar Larsson 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@SteffenR

You would have more influence if you factually showed what I said was wrong
    instead of continually making your ad hominem attacks

Clearly nobody is further than I am as Oskar still is trying to fix the problem
    and has not provided any info that would make my suggestions invalid.

Profile photo of Sound Doctor
    Sound Doctor
    Participant

Here’s a another dumb thought, but does the camera itself have a audio input balance setting?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Could you post a picture of the cable you using showing the connectors at each end?

Just to completely take the camera and the 1/4in to 1/8in cable out of the equation
    do you have a small powered speaker or even a headphone amp you could connect to the A
    an B outputs one at a time to listen to them?

Sending the same level to them with the signal generator would be a good test as well as
    was mentioned patching either the R or L to both the A and B outputs.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

All good ideas and very basic troubleshooting with which the OP may be really familiar. Part of the problem about working through a technical issue in an on-line forum is that the flow of information is very choppy. I have seen this (and participated in it) many, many times. Test steps get left out, participants believe obvious steps have been taken when they have not, and everyone troubleshoots and fixes things in a different way (ask my car guru to speak on his opinion of my troubleshooting of vintage car issues. He will tell you flat out).

Keep working on it. You’ll get it sorted.

D.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

All good ideas and very basic troubleshooting with which the OP may be really familiar. Part of the problem about working through a technical issue in an on-line forum is that the flow of information is very choppy. I have seen this (and participated in it) many, many times. Test steps get left out, participants believe obvious steps have been taken when they have not, and everyone troubleshoots and fixes things in a different way (ask my car guru to speak on his opinion of my troubleshooting of vintage car issues. He will tell you flat out).

So true, when I’m doing on site troubleshooting at a service call being able to pick up on small nuances can some times lead to the problem cause and solution.

Just like a car when someone says their sound system is making a noise not until actually hearing the type of noise do you have an idea as to where to look for the problem.

Yes I work on cars to!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Oskar let us know what you find.

Profile photo of Oskar Larsson
    Oskar Larsson
    Participant

Absolutely, I will.
    Haven’t had the time to perform any more troubleshooting yet.
    I’ll write here as soon as I have more info in the matter.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.