SQ-6 Mix Group Fader Flip Issue

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ-6 Mix Group Fader Flip Issue

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jarrodmcd
    Jarrodmcd
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I am currently using a SQ-6 and setting up mix groups for microphones and a band setup.
    I am able to assign channels to the mix groups (set up from 9-12) and route them to the main LR mix.
    The issue I am having is when I swap between the LR mix and the sub-mixes I have created, the faders do not flip to channels only assigned to that mix or how the faders had been set up in that mix but remain as per the LR mix.

I am wondering if this is an issue or if this is normal?
    Appreciate any feedback/help
    Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Jarrodmcd,

The send level for the group is the same send as the LR mix and it is only a signal routing change when you assign the channel to a group.

It may help visually to look at the block diagram, as this will show you how the signal is routed in the SQ: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ-6-Technical-Datasheet_D.pdf#page=5&zoom=390,188,780

When you press the Mix Select key for a group, this only changes the master fader to the group and the fader strips remain as the LR mix.

Thanks! Alex

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.