SQ-6 Instrument presets

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ-6 Instrument presets

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rober Rober 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rober
    Rober
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m a new SQ6 user, I been working on it for a week only, I’m switching from a Presonus mixer board. One thing I liked about the other board and that I found very useful was the instrument presets library that comes with it, specially when a none-part of the band instrument/singer was jumping on stage by surprise!
    I was able to setup a channel really fast for that instrument with processing and everything and sometimes I didn’t even have to do a lot of adjustments to it.
    I do shows where the first band will be only guitars, the second band keyboards and congas and the third band trumpets and drums! So this feature works great for me!
    I had saved templates of shows/scenes of the entire mix on the board, for reasons i explained. I see I can do that with the SQ6, save and recall scenes, but I don’t see any instrument preset on it.
    I read somewhere that feature will be probably included soon in a new firmware, I just would like to know if that’s true or if it’s already out. My mixer firmware is V1.2.2
    I’ll appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

See section 4.3 in the manual for info on Libraries:

Libraries – Where available, pressing the ‘Library’ key displays a library window, allowing you to store or recall settings for things such as FX units, channel processing or input patches. Presets are stored in the Factory library, and a User library is provided to store your own settings. Libraries are also used to load FX units, through the loading of a preset.

There are quite a few things already in there, but you can add you own too.

Profile photo of Rober
    Rober
    Participant

Thank you Mark, I found it! I appreciate that!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.