SQ-5 SQ-6 Matrix Outputs…

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ-5 SQ-6 Matrix Outputs…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of churchy churchy 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

Hi folks! I’m still trying to evaluate the SQ series of mixers with a view to purchasing later this year: I’d like some clarification on Matrix outputs on the SQ-6…

Three questions:
    1-Are matrix outputs stereo?
    2-Can compression be applied to a matrix output?
    3-Can EQ be applied to a matrix output?

The matrix outputs seem to be slightly different in how they are used compared to an Aux, what are the key differences? The manual does not seem to show what processing can be applied to a matrix output.

I’d like to be able to use matrix outputs with compression for recording/induction loop/video feed etc, is this practical?

Many thanks for any clarification you can offer.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

At the moment there are only stereo matrix available. For each matrix you have a parametric and a graphic EQ as well as a compressor. You can also use an output delay do create delay line systems. In fact they have the same processing possibilities as the mixes. The only difference is that they are only available as stereo matrix and the possible sources are mixbusses instead of input channels.

Profile photo of churchy
    churchy
    Participant

I have just noticed the following in the manual. This does suggest mono is an option – I think I’d be likely to use stereo anyway…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.