SQ 5 so far.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ 5 so far.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bob Bob 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

After 7 jobs.

1) Middle of the show audio loss for 3 seconds with the ar2412
    2) Multitrack recording: Buttons do not react anymore at the end of recording.
    3) Libary’s only usable withing the show. No option to export (only copy/paste with laptop)
    4) Brightniss of display is stored in showfile…
    5) After error nog log file.

There is a lot to do for r&d.

Profile photo of Parky
    Parky
    Participant

I’ve had my SQ5 for a few days now. Still at the setup/experimentation stage. Have been playing music from ipod via ST3. Output through AR2412 and AR84. This afternoon main audio out dissapeared for about 3 seconds and I could still hear the music coming through the headphones. Will report to A&H.

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Interesting that both of you had drop outs using the AR2412.

I just received my AB168 this week and have been running it each day to see if any gremlins are lurking within. Good so far.

As an aside … the AB168 came double boxed and extremely well packaged.

However … the SQ-5 was single boxed with little front/back reinforcement. SMH

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

@Parky. How long is the cable and what quality brand?

Richard

Keith please help. I have checked al the cabeling. There was nothing with power. It must be something software.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

I used my SQ6 (V1.1) several times with an older AR2412 (the ‘prince’ version) and an AB168. The Mixer is connected to the AR2412 with a 70 meter long Klotz cable (unshielded) or a 50 meter long Thomann cable (shielded) and the AB168 is connected to the AR2412 with an 15 meter long Klotz cable (shielded). I use an desktop UPS on FOH and another on the stage for the two stageboxes.
    No issues so far, after approx 10 jobs, most of them with approx 24 to 32 inputs and 8 to 12 outputs.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

1) Middle of the show audio loss for 3 seconds with the ar2412

We have passed this report on to our software test team to look into, however they haven’t been able to reproduce the audio loss with the AR2412. They have had multiple units on test for 2 weeks now without any dropouts, so if you have any more detail of your setup, if anything in particular was being used at the time, cable length/spec, power setup, can you please forward it in a ticket at support.allen-heath.com

2) Multitrack recording: Buttons do not react anymore at the end of recording.

To play back a multi track after being recorded the file needs to be selected. So after pressing stop, press the Touch to select track button, select your recording and press play. I’ve fed this feedback to the team.

3) Libary’s only usable withing the show. No option to export (only copy/paste with laptop)

The Library and USB data aspects are being looked at and added to in future firmware releases.

4) Brightniss of display is stored in showfile…

The show file stores all user preferences such as Chromatic channel metering setup, so this is unlikely to change.

5) After error nog log file.

The SQ has no real time clock to produce log files like GLD and dLive.

If there’s anything else I can help with please feel free to include it in a ticket with more details regarding the audio loss.

Many thanks

Alex

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

“The SQ has no real time clock …”

So that’s why there is no Date & Time stamp on the SQ-Drive recordings.

Looks like every audio file will show 1/1/2017 1:01 AM … making identification and sorting a challenge especially since the file(s) can’t be given a name either.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.