SQ-5 No sound ST inputs

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ-5 No sound ST inputs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz Søren Steinmetz 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coerrace
    coerrace
    Participant

Hello. I received a new SQ-5. Now, I’m using two keyboards connected each one to a ST TRS inputs. In other words one keyboard to the ST1 and the other keyboard to the ST2. Until now I just plugged the cables, no user or other confugrwrion entered but I don’t hear anything. Is there something special to do to be able to hear signals introduced via the ST inputs? And for the XLR the same?

Note I’m using the headphone ps output of the SQ-5. And a,so the outputs of the keyboard are fine because I had connected previously to a Yamaha MG12XU and ran perfectly. Why I don’ hear nothing in the Allen, including headphones.

Thank you

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Coerrace,

Can you please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com so we can work out what is happening?

You could try hard resetting your console to see if that solves the issue. You can find how to do that here: https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/1184/338/sq-hard-reset

Thanks! Alex

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Questions:
    is the master unmuted and up?
    did you try the PAFL button?
    did you find the right faders for the stereo inputs and can you see some metering in the channels?

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Connected how?
    one cable for left and another for right?
    Or an “insert” cable with a TRS to two TS.?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.