Sq- 5 need more auxes for IEM

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Sq- 5 need more auxes for IEM

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dan
    dan
    Participant

Hello I am a the person uncharge of the sound for the church I am currently at and we are using the sq-5 with a mix of the digital Allen and heath ar2412, I have a problem currently because I am using all the outputs available on the snake and I need more outs in order to add more in ear systems, does anyone know what I can do??? thank you for reading and I hope to learn something new thank you again.

Profile photo of Phil Driscoll
    Phil Driscoll
    Participant

I presume you’re driving the IEMs in stereo if you’re using 12 outputs. How about driving them in mono?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Addition of an expander AR084 to it gives you 4 more outputs.
    And the AB168 gives you 8.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Everything I/O

On this page, you can see the range of I/O boxes available.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

I would suggest looking at some ME personal mixers. These can be added on slowly allowing for budget concerns, while not using up any additional output busses, or ports. Eventually when you get enough, you can even free up some of your other mix busses.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Analog snakes exist. You can also run 4 sends down a dedicated ethernet cable.

Profile photo of Heirloom AVM
    Heirloom AVM
    Participant

Depending on your IEM units and line of sight distance from the performers, you might be able to use wireless IEM units connected to the board. If you experience wireless dropouts, an antenna combiner (e.g. https://www.rfvenue.com/products/iem-combiners) may be needed. Allen & Heath ME is the best way to go if budget allows.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

As mentioned, there are a variety of solutions based on the actual problem.

It sounds like the OP has run out of physical XLR outputs. If this is the case, then as Steffen suggested, adding more I/O via different stage box options is clearly a solution. You could also add some of the A&H ME Personal Mixing devices (although a stage box is likely going to be cheaper if you need several more outputs) and use the built in outputs of those units.

If I am misunderstanding the problem and the OP has run out of available AUXs to use as monitor mixes, then as Scott suggested, adding the A&H ME Personal Mixers is a great option. That is because the ME devices do not “use up” any of the console’s AUX busses. You could have 12 stereo monitor mixes off the SQ console, and then add more stereo mixes by adding as many ME units as needed.

Profile photo of dan
    dan
    Participant

I am not running mono because, I fear that the difference in sound qualities for the musicians will drop

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Is it the physical number of mixes on the SQ5 that is the limit or the available outputs you have to assign them to?

If you are out of mixes on the SQ5 and stereo is the thing then getting some ME units or a larger mixer would be next.

Just out of interest how much stereo panning is taking place on the mixes now?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.