SQ 5 Losing Sync with DX-32

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ 5 Losing Sync with DX-32

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mac
    Mac
    Participant

I’ve had this happen a few times now and a simple unplug and replug of the ethercon instantly fixes it. Makes me nervous that this is going to happen during show. Just Upgraded to latest Firmware today so haven’t been able to test. Any thoughts?

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

Let’s hope v1.3 comes with support for DX32. Until then DX168 is the way.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mac,

The DX32 is not currently supported on SQ.

This is planned and will be added as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Zero
    Zero
    Participant

Hi Alex,

Do we anticipate DX32 support in v1.3? If so, would the recently announced Prime I/O that works with DX32 be supported potentially at that time? Along those same lines, are there A/D-D/A specs for Prime I/O available? This seems like it would be a great solution for the studio environment!

Thanks!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Zero,

Yes, DX32 support is planned for V1.3, and then you could absolutely use a setup which includes SQ+DX32+Prime!
    As you correctly point out this would be a fantastic setup for a studio, especially with the support for the DAW Control Driver coming soon to SQ.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

and when can we expect 1.3?

Are there any plans on updating the older stageboxes (AB, AR) to 96kHz and AES outputs?

a 32 Input, 16 Output solution with some AES in and Out would be great for most applications

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Steffen,

We aim to release SQ V1.3 towards the end of Q3.
    Suggestions for more 96kHz expanders noted – we have had quite a few requests for larger units actually, so I wouldn’t rule it out, but in the meantime, 2x DX168’s rackmounted and cascaded would give you this channel count. The DX protocol is 32×32 channels, so any more than this, i.e. extra AES would necessitate the jump to GigaACE (128×128).

Keith.

Profile photo of dpnh
    dpnh
    Participant

Hi there everyone,

I’m looking for 48ch. 96kHz system + DX48 MixRack or (3x) DX168 @ the stage.
    It’s that possible right now with SQ5/6/7 systems?

What would be the most trusted scenario regarding SQ vs DX options?

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

There is no DX48 mixrack. You can currently connect a DX Hub to your SQ and then connect the 3 DX168’s to the DX Hub. Soon you will be able to connect a DX32 to an SQ.

Profile photo of dpnh
    dpnh
    Participant

dx-hub would fit three DX168 on any SQ5/6/7? That’s fine.
    Seams more practical to me. It’s more convenient spreading multiple stage boxes on stage accompanied with shorter analog cables, then having just one big MixRack carried around most of the time by two peoples along with a mass of very long expensive cooper cables around the whole stage. A literal pain for any 48ch or less projects. It’s all about time and space saving.
    I would say again, small pain big gain.
    I’m glad that AH it continues fulfilling my aspirations 😊
    Thank you guys.

PS Art, have a nice one 👍

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Keith, come on! Go to the workshop, take an AR2412, rip out the PCBs and put in the PCBs of one and a half DX168. I’d buy that for a dollar! Or even more!

And ys, something with some more AES/EBU outputs would be nice, too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.