SQ 5 Display Scrolling on its own?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ 5 Display Scrolling on its own?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

I had a curious thing happen last Saturday. I was using an SQ 5 for a very small event – 2 wireless handheld mics and mono playback. (An SSD was connected to the SQ Drive but was not armed for recording nor was it playing back anything.)
    The handhelds were not being used and were off. The playback was the only channel active. I was sitting at, but not watching, the console for about 10 minutes as the background music played. I glanced at the touchscreen and saw that the display had changed to the channel display and was rapidly scrolling to the right, through the first few channels, then resetting itself and scrolling again.
    Here is a link to the video of this – https://photos.app.goo.gl/zwgpmFNiuGgCLZGb9

As you will see at the end of the video, hitting the Routing button and then the Processing button stopped the scrolling and reset the display. The display behaved itself for the duration of the gig (about an hour) after that. It never stopped passing audio. I didn’t check to see if the faders were working.

Not sure if this is repeatable (I don’t have access to this console as it is owned by a venue where I work occasionally). I don’t know what caused it. I checked to make sure that there wasn’t an errant cable lying across some buttons and accidentally pressing on them. I’m stumped.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

What firmware version?

DC

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

was the desk connected to a network?

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

No network connection. Firmware 1.3.2, I believe.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.