Sq 5 and sq6 with stage boxes (monitor split)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Sq 5 and sq6 with stage boxes (monitor split)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

What exactly is needed to do 2 dx168 boxes, an sq 5 at monitor beach and a sq6 at FOH? Is there another s link card that needs to go in the monitor console? Does the card need to go in both consoles? I have seen a gigACE card online but no “s link” expansion cards. Someone please point me in the right direction on this. Need to get this system operable ASAP

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Brandon,

The SLink card is currently in development, and you will need one of these (in the monitor desk) for the setup you describe.
    We were originally planning a relatively straightforward GigaACE option card, but decided it would be much better to build an SLink card, which will have the same functionality as the included SLink port.

We do not have an ETA at present, but it will be a few months.

Thanks,

Keith.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

it would be much better to build an SLink card, which will have the same functionality as the included SLink port.

Great plan!

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Brandon, if ASAP is needed; then run the SQ6 at stage for monitors and SQ5 at FOH. You’ll get 25 inputs at the stage via the SQ6 instead of 16.

Best of luck.

Copper core is staying until there is a SLink card for me.

Profile photo of Phill
    Phill
    Participant

Can you not connect them up via DX hub ??

As in
    SQ6 – A > DX Hub port 1
    DX168 – A > DX Hub port 2
    DX168 – B > DX168 – A Cascade port
    SQ6 – B > DX hub Port 3

Im currently waiting for this option as well…

Also I haven’t seen whats happening for gain sharing – digital trim unless I’ve missed it again…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

if you connect the desk to the DX ports it will not work at this point

you should connect it to the GigaACE port, then you have full access to the connected DX expanders
    but it is not possible to connect another SQ for splitting inputs
    you will need an option card for this, since the s-link is not available anymore

Profile photo of Phill
    Phill
    Participant

Yeh I missed the gigace bit that ning more of a hub there so basically it’s like this then…

SQ6-A-Slink > SQ6-B-Slink
    SQ6-B-Slink option card > DX168 > DX168 cascade
    Or
    SQ6-B-Slink option card > DXhub GigAce > DX168…

So we need to wait for the option cards first.. so what’s the scoop with gainsharing of the dx168 between the two boards then..

Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

Thanks for the quick responses and yes @lightingman117… currently doing so that way thank you

Profile photo of JoJo
    JoJo
    Participant

Is that mean, that I can connect also 2 ar2412’s?
    1 via SLink build in?
    2 via Slink card?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

No. Only one.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hey JoJo,

Yes, with the addition of an SLink card, you will have two independent SLink ports that could run two different protocols if required.
    As the second SLink port will have the same capability as the first you’ll be able to connect up two of any supported SLink configuration from the SLink connections document.
    (https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ6_SLinkConnections_V1_2_0.pdf).

So each port could run an AR2412 (+an AB168 or AR84).

Keith.

Profile photo of andyteel
    andyteel
    Participant

Is this possible, and if so how would I accomplish this? From a timeframe standpoint, when will this be a reality? Please see example pic.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Andr,

The only addition you would need for that setup would be the SLink option card which would add a second SLink port to the SQ-6.

First inline for release is the Dante option card with the SLink to follow after. Unfortunately, I don’t have an ETA for the SLink card at the moment.

Thanks!

Alex

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.