SQ 5 and Audiolab Live Snake 16.8

Forums Forums Other A&H products SQ 5 and Audiolab Live Snake 16.8

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Showtime Showtime 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fher
    fher
    Participant

Hello Friends, do you know if it is possible to connect the “Audiolab Live Snake 16.8” device to an SQ5 console?

I attach the device manual

Thanks a lot

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @fher ,

It appears the manual was too large to attach here, but having looked up the unit online, it uses a Dante interface for the digital connection.
    So yes, presuming the Dante on that unit is either 48kHz or 96kHz (doesn’t appear to be included in any spec info I can find), you would be able to connect it to an SQ via the SQ-Dante option card.
    Note that there would be no remote preamp control as you would get with any of the similar A&H expansion options (AB168 or DX168 direct to SLink port, or DT168 also via SQ-Dante card).

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Keith… the product has no remote controllable preamps… nothing is remote controllable and I’m not sure about the Dante connection… 8×8 on a 16 input stage box?
    Strange product… so far away from the market… so 1995
    very bad descriptions…

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

I will work i think but what qualitie are the pre amps?
    I think you lose the super qualitie of the sq spe amps.

The dante card is somewhere 600 euro’s, with a bit money more you buy a dx168.
    The dx168 hase dlive pre amps. This is a beter option.

Richard

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.