SQ 44.1k for studio interface

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ 44.1k for studio interface

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dean Dean 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dean
    Dean
    Participant

I am setting up my SQ5 as an audio interface for my studio after the death of my regular interface, until I can replace it. I can’t figure out how to get it to recognize 44.1k. My projects are about 1/2 44 and 1/2 48k. The computer is connected to the Usb-B on the SQ. Can this be done? If it’s relevant, I’m running Nuendo on a PC.

Dean

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

this is not possible
    the driver and the hardware only support 48 and 96 at the moment
    if this could be changed? I believe not…

maybe @KeithJ can chime in

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @dean,

The SQ’s USB audio interface cannot run at 44.1kHz so sample rate conversion on the computer side is required to run any 44.1kHz audio or projects.
    Most DAW’s will do this ‘on-the-fly’ though I’m afraid I’m not familiar with Nuendo, so don’t know whether or not this is a possibility.

Keith.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Keith
    most of the DAW’s use one given sample rate for a project
    and changing this, will mostly lead to the wrong playback speed

it is different for new projects with different sample rate than imported files
    here will most DAW’s at least these few I know convert the files to the project sample rate

Nuendo acts like Cubase in that case, they are the same on the audio engine basics

but the problem with older projects persists
    that’s why I never suggest a low budget digital mixer as main audio device for commercial studios
    in project studios this is a no brainer

Profile photo of Dean
    Dean
    Participant

Thanks Steffen and Keith.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.