Spotty Shure integration

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Spotty Shure integration

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JPage
    JPage
    Participant

For Shure integration with dLive, do ULXD mics have to be in split network mode to work? I tried them in switched mode daisy chained together (don’t have a spare network switch) and they all show up in wireless workbench. They initially showed up on the dLive too but after a reboot they are all offline and never show back up unless I forget all the assignment, then disable and re-enable Shure detection. Even then they only stay until the next reboot.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

Have you checked the “dLive Shure integration Guide“?

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

In support of the “spotty” descriptor of the current Shure integration, I followed the directions in the Shure integration guide and everything worked fine for a month and a half or so, then our FoH surface decided that one of our 11 receivers is always offline. However, the Broadcast surface, WWB, and dLive Director (connected to the FoH MixRack, same as the FoH surface) all say that all 11 receivers are online. I’ve been pretty busy and have WWB at FoH, so haven’t taken the time to do any troubleshooting beyond a simple unassign/reassign, but the issue persists between reboots, show recalls, and scene recalls.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Just as an update to my post, disabling Shure integration, restarting the surface and the MixRack, and turning Shure integration back on solved the issue. I suspect only the surface needed to be rebooted since the problem didn’t occur in dLive Director, but they’re both on the same power sequencer. Maybe I’ll remember to try that if it happens again. Anyway, be aware that this method erases the associations between channels and RF devices, so it might not be worth trying if you’re in a hurry right before a show and have a lot of wireless.

Profile photo of JPage
    JPage
    Participant

The disable, restart, and re-enable is only a temporary fix for me. I’m using the Analog/Network configuration and the only part of my setup that differs from the Shure Integration Guide is the lack of a network switch. Someone told me the Dante card was required for it to work properly but that doesn’t seem correct according to the guide.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

So far it’s working for me, but it took a while for the problem to crop up, so who knows.

We have a Dante card, but our receivers are a bunch of the single-channel units that don’t have Dante output, so we can’t run our mics through that card.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Someone told me the Dante card was required for it to work properly but that doesn’t seem correct according to the guide.

That is not true. It actually uses the network communication that is built into some of the wireless sets. So while it does require a network connection, it isn’t using the Dante protocol to communicate and you don’t have to have a Dante I/O card to use this on your console.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Some of the Shure products combine their network and Dante ports. Maybe that’s where the confusion came from?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.