Sourcing a matrix channel independent from the processing of the main LR channel

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Sourcing a matrix channel independent from the processing of the main LR channel

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tom Metz Tom Metz 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tom Metz
    Tom Metz
    Participant

If I understand the block diagrams correctly, sourcing a matrix channel from the main L R channel is only possible after the process block. I use a matrix channel sourced from the main channel for stereo recordings of rehearsals and gigs. I know there are workarounds but I welcome the possibility to process the main L R channel without affecting a matrix channel sourced from the mains. In short I like to have the choice to source a matrix channel pre of post processing block of the main L R channel. See the diagram.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Tom,

There are a few ways to achieve something similar to this already and they would be considered normal use rather than workarounds.
    One would be to make use of an Post-Fade Aux with all channel sources set ‘post delay’ and record this – this has the added benefit of being able to add in or boost signals you don’t need live in the room but want to record.
    Another would be to use 2 matrices both fed from LR (with all processing switched out) to give two independent mix processing channels which still respect the LR level.
    Or just do it the other way around, recording the LR mix and feeding the PA with a matrix – presuming that you want to record flat and only use mix processing for the room.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Tom Metz
    Tom Metz
    Participant

Hello Keith,
    Thanks for our suggestions. I think the latter is the easiest way to achieve what I want.
    Cheers,
    Tom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.