sometimes can't get audio in to FX

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions sometimes can't get audio in to FX

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ToddL ToddL 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nilsemil
    nilsemil
    Participant

if i send a channel to FX, by going to FX1 layer and pulling up that respective channel fader, i still sometimes don’t get
    signal on the screen next to the effect. i try fiddling around with different options, but i always end up copying another scene.

what is it i’m missing?

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Question seconded; last weekend I had the same issue and on top of that, a channel that I un-assigned kept going even with it’s send fader at zero. This was on an iPad controlling a Qu-SB.

Never had an issue like that before

Giga

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

We don’t really use FX much, so I never pursued a solution. However, I have a similar problem. I have successfully setup Reverb to FX1 and Delay to FX2 and they work as expected. I send a channel to FX1 (on and fader up for FX layer), FX send is up, FX return is up for Main mix). Everything works as intended for FX1 and FX2. However, FX3 and FX4 do not work. I have loaded the doubler and chorus to those two FX slots. I have used the same “settings” as FX1 and FX2. Still, I cannot get effected audio for FX3/4 at all. I’m stumped.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Todd,

If you go to the back panel of the FX3 and FX4 units, do you have them set for ‘Mix -> Return’ fed from the FX3 and FX4 busses?

Any of the FX units can be used either being fed by an FX bus, a mix bus or a channel and routed back to the FX return channels OR they can be used inserted on a channel.
    So one thing that could catch you out would be loading a show that was made on a Qu-16 (which has two FX busses) onto any other model (which have 4 FX busses).

Hope this helps, but if you’re still having trouble, you can contact us using support.allen-heath.com and maybe send through a show so we can check it out here.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of ToddL
    ToddL
    Participant

Thanks, Keith. I’ll take a look the next time I am on site. (Wish we had offline editor so that I could pull it up now and validate/edit – see Qu Feature Suggestions forum section.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.