Soloing channels while on USB-playback

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Soloing channels while on USB-playback

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stonepiano Stonepiano 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

I would like to be able to solo channels with PAFL while listening to multitrack. It is a bit cumbersome to mute all other channels to solo one out. (Or worse yet- going to the source-menu) A very basic function, I think… don’t know if there is something making this hard to implement?

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

I take it this is set in a studio control room environment? Are you driving your monitors from LR? Feed your monitors from the PAFL bus instead, via the Alt out. Alt out control becomes your control room level. Also be sure that LR to PAFL is enabled in the PAFL settings.

DC

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Is this in a studio situation? Can you connect your monitors to ALT out, which you can then set to PAFL – See 11.14 & 11.1

Or there’s a bit of a work around with a mute group that contains all the inputs, and then you de-select the channel you want to listen to.

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

This is a bit of a hybrid-situation; I’m having my nearfields routed via matrix to alt-out, this is because the alt does not have delay,needed to align the nearfields to PA. I wanted to have the local monitors’ volume control on the alt-knob. The alt-feed is obviously L/R. Don’t know, if this routing-scheme is a hindrance? But since I did not assign recording functions on softkeys, I can spare one for this. In fact, I already have an “all killed”- button, that may be the quickest way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.