Software suggestions after setting up console & first show

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Software suggestions after setting up console & first show

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yvo Yvo 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ken
    Ken
    Participant

Hi all,

I have a few feature suggestions for the software after setting up our consoles and having a few shows under our belt:
    Avantis Feature requests

– Ability to move / swap entire layers of faders within its own bank, and between banks

– Added softkey options:
    – Add a Dimmer control — both for dimming fader strips, buttons, and screens. Probably best implemented to have a “light” and “dark” mode in the Dimmer control settings, and ability for soft keys to swap between those 2 settings. Would allow for to changing both brightness and color of fader strips, screens and other buttons easy when lighting conditions change.
    – Lock/unlock Master section
    – Recording start/stop (and maybe the soft key blinks red while it’s recording…)

– Ability to see, and listen, to preamp slots & input levels at those slots on connected racks – great for troubleshooting to see if a problem is before it hits the connected rack, or within the routing of your console (a la the Digico “Audio I/O” screen)

– Input Stereo’ing of even + odd channels; and not just odd + even

– Top right corner messages (such as Permissions Denied) — messages need to be a little more prominent, people keep missing them

– It takes too many taps to clear the “rack disconnected” triangle error icon, even after the rack has been reconnected. Perhaps tapping & holding on it could clear the error?

What I think are bugs fixes that may be needed:
    – Some faders/channels still show a gain/preamp control on the channel strip; even if they aren’t assigned to any input. Other faders don’t show this when they aren’t assigned to any input.
    – Input stereo-ing takes kind of a long time and pauses the console for a second…I’m sure this will get worked on over time
    – General lag for overlays to show on screen when pressing the copy / paste / reset buttons

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

– Add a Dimmer control — both for dimming fader strips, buttons, and screens. Probably best implemented to have a “light” and “dark” mode in the Dimmer control settings, and ability for soft keys to swap between those 2 settings. Would allow for to changing both brightness and color of fader strips, screens and other buttons easy when lighting conditions change.

there is a dimmer tab under control and these values are stored in scenes
    remember every scene saves everything and only the recall defines what comes to effect
    you can build two scenes easily with a dark or a bright setting blocking everything from recall except the dimmers

– Lock/unlock Master section

I don’t understand why

– Ability to see, and listen, to preamp slots & input levels at those slots on connected racks – great for troubleshooting to see if a problem is before it hits the connected rack, or within the routing of your console (a la the Digico “Audio I/O” screen)

in the I/O screens you can tip on an input socket to change gain, polarity and phantom power
    this is a starting point… at least 😉

– Input Stereo’ing of even + odd channels; and not just odd + even–

Input stereo-ing takes kind of a long time and pauses the console for a second…I’m sure this will get worked on over time

both will not change… (in the near future)

input stereo configuration changes are reconfiguring the XCVI-Core so this is why it restarts the core
    use the Gang feature instead or preconfigure a fixed number of stereo inputs and assign the needed input sockets to them, relable it and save it in a scene

Profile photo of Ken
    Ken
    Participant

Steffen,

I appreciate your reply. I am aware of all of those functionalities but just wanted to make some feature suggestions for future development. Most of your workarounds, although they might work in some regard, are slower and clunkier than an intended process could be. As I am sure you would agree, unless someone says something, then it definitely won’t end up on a road map for future development — and I know A&H desires to make the best consoles possible, hence a few suggestions for them.

Happy mixing!

Profile photo of ofstreams
    ofstreams
    Participant

I agree that a global dimmer would be great – like a DCA for all of the individual controls. Also relevant, I noticed that there is a shortcut to the dimmer controls if you hold down the right “view” button by the fast grab tabs.
    Cheers.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

– Ability to move / swap entire layers of faders within its own bank, and between banks

Yes please!
    I’m coming from S21 and while the Avantis is superior in almost every aspect, I’m missing that feature.

– Input Stereo’ing of even + odd channels; and not just odd + even

No-brainer! I’m sure it’s not easy though as they would’ve done it by now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.