Softkey play

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Softkey play

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of airickess airickess 8 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jonas
    Jonas
    Participant

Hey,

I recently upgraded from a Yamaha LS-9 to a Allen and Heath QU-32 and I’m trying to find a solution to use my softkey to play a specific song.
    Now I know that it isn’t possible to do it directly and I probably have to send a midi message to a computer and that computer has to read and translate the message.

Now:
    Does anyone know how I route this?
    I found a program called ‘Bome Midi translator’ but will this do what I want?
    Any other suggestions?
    If possible a solution that works on windows.
    ———-
    The softkey has to be a specific song/sound fx.
    For example I’m doing a theatre show and I have to program a doorbell/telephone/toilet flush/…
    So the easiest is that I have a softkey for a doorbell, one for a telephone, one for a toilet flush, one for…
    ( The LS-9 could do this on board and read it from a USB stick )

( I hope I placed it in the right place ^^)

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

The QU does the same thing from a USB stick. You need to program a Soft Key for playback. I think you need a second soft key to advance to the next track (I could be mistaken). The QuDrive shows up on ST3. You must select the ST3 channel, then go up to the Gain encoder on the upper left of the board and press the USB button so it is lit. Once that is lit then the QuDrive stereo output is assigned to ST3 and you will be able to hear any tracks on that USB stick. However I don’t think the QuDrive will play .mp3 files.
    If you insist on playing back the tracks on an external device (as I do) there are many free and low-cost programs that will play back stereo files in order and that can be programmed with fades and cross fades. I use Show Cue Systems for my playback. These programs are more suited to theatrical playback as the levels, pans and fades for each cue can be programmed and will play back consistently in each performance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.