SoftKey for fade

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions SoftKey for fade

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I’d like to be able fade out the stereo channels – ideally over a time I can pre set – by just hitting a soft key. Fade in may be useful too.

Really just to stop pre-show/interval music. My CD player has a button for this, but these days I may not be next to it, or I may by useing something else.

Profile photo of Eddy_current
    Eddy_current
    Participant

I like this idea Mark, saves using a fader on the custom layer or switching layers.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

+1
    Timed fades would be a great addition to the Qu series, if possible.
    If the Qu would be able to do timed fades and have scenes expanded beyond 100 I would by a Qu PAC immediately.

Profile photo of Stonepiano
    Stonepiano
    Participant

X-fade on scene changes would be a nice option too. Even better, if it could be adjusted per input. Perhaps too much to wish for at this price-range?

MarkPAman
    Participant

While I’d not object to X-fadeing scenes, it’s something I’m sure would be very much more complicated that my request here. My wish, is merely to be able to fade out BGM, once the band’s ready, without swapping layers (or using up a custom channel).

So, at the press of a soft key, fade a stereo channel all the way down, over a preselected time of between 0.5 & 5.0 seconds, for example, would do this. Fade up, I realise, is a little more complicated, as a destination level is required too, and personally, I’d probably not use it anyway as I tend to want tracks to start at full level rather than fade in.

I guess more flexible option, that would undoubtedly find many other uses, would be timed fade on the DCA groups……….

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Wondering if technology isn’t already there. Channel mutes are assignable to soft keys and Mute itself does a soft fade.
    So only control over fade times on a per-channel basis would be required. Doesn’t sound too complicated for me.

MarkPAman
    Participant

So Andreas, are you suggesting the mute button gets to do a timed fade rather than the fader? That could work for my needs.

However, there’s options for making Mix Sends pre/post fade, but everything (except Direct Out) is always post mute, I think. Not sure if this is a problem – it may be better, it is a difference though.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Indeed, Mutes also affect pre-fader sends (sometimes I wish they would not). I just thougt about a somewhat simple solution firmwarewise.
    Another aproach would be a soft key function like “Move Fader XX to YY dB in ZZ Seconds” or even better “Move Fader XX to Y1(ON)/Y2(OFF) dB in ZZ Seconds”. This would be automation only (no DSP).
    Of course we want both… 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.