Softkey AUX flip/listen cycle function

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Softkey AUX flip/listen cycle function

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tor tor 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

Hi A&H.

Love your desk, love your philosophy, love your dedication to optimzing the console! Most of the development is fantastic and I love a lot of what you guys have been doing the last couple of years.

BUT, there is one major thing missing for me, and that is an efficient way to handle complicated and large monitor duties. Often you need to make small corrections, but not necessarily want to change what you are PAFL’ing. Right now I have to program 2 differnt softkeys for each AUX, one to flip to faders, one to PAFL the AUX. This really, really needs to be adressed, as it is a sure way to run out of softkeys in no time. Could you please make some kind of cycle/combined softkey, that can cycle between FLIP and FLIP + PAFL? That way it can work kind of like a Yamaha CL desk, where only 1 button is needed to either flip to faders or flip + cue. This has been a long missing feature, and I hope you will implement it sooner rather than later.

Profile photo of tpaulding
    tpaulding
    Participant

On our surface it is set where PAFL will select a mix, or maybe the other way around, but there is a setting that speeds this up like you’re kind of talking about. I’m not in front of it now and usually am at front of house, so can’t remember specifically. I do know that when I am in monitor world, I hit one button to get flipped to faders and I’m soloing that mix.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Right now I have to program 2 differnt softkeys for each AUX, one to flip to faders, one to PAFL the AUX.

Not sure what you mean here… no need to programm softkeys for standard monitor tasks
    just hit the mix key of the mix you want to change or you can set it to “Mix follows Output PAFL”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of tor
    tor
    Participant

I dont want to switch to my AUX fader layer each time I want to listen or flip to faders of course. Usually I have +80 channels going on, it has to be on softkeys of course.

The whole issue is I need to be able to only flip to faders, only listen or both at the same time – and it needs to be on softkeys, without using them all up for a standard monitor job. Can be done on most other pro consoles, so obviously a common demand 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.