Soft Key to Mute Headphones

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Soft Key to Mute Headphones

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of johaennsan johaennsan 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Was wondering if there was a way to program a soft key to mute the headphones (rather than using the Phones knob, and turning it down to “0”?

Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

You could program a soft key to pfl an input with no signal (unassigned) or an AUX group with no audio on it.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

I think it was Nicola that told me how to do this a few years ago. If you aren’t using the IEM monitor strip for anything you can route it to the headphone output and assign everything to IEM, then have a mute button for it on a softkey.

If you search through my profile for threads I’ve created you may be able to find it.

Chris

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

@chris93,
    Thanks for the information. I did search your profile, and found where you had referenced Nicola giving you a good tip ( https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/topic/any-value-to-iem-and-wedge-strips/#post-53624 ), but wasn’t able to find the original information.

@nicola,
    Would you be able to repeat the “good tip”?

Thanks
    Bob

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

The advice I gave to Chris was to use an IEM strip for the control of headphones. You can assign all channels to the IEM strip (like you would assign channels to a DCA), set the ‘IEM to Headphones’ option in Setup/Audio/PAFL, and use the IEM fader and Mute to control your headphones. However I don’t believe the IEM Mute can be assigned to a SoftKey.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of johaennsan
    johaennsan
    Participant

It is possible to assign the function “PAFL clear” to a soft button. Maybe this helps for your use case.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.