Soft buttons: mix button with mute functionality

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Soft buttons: mix button with mute functionality

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AntiochPHX-TD AntiochPHX-TD 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

Hi all.

When I do music groups from the Avantis I usually need to do monitors from FOH.
    So to make this easier and to save precious channel strips, I put all my monitors’ mix buttons on the soft buttons.
    This helps a lot, I hardly ever need to actually LOOK at the layer with the monitor aux masters.
    However, partly because of that it’s happened a few times now that it has escaped my attention that an aux master was muted.
    I’m jumping around layers a lot when I mix, I don’t want to have to interlace visits to the mon aux layer too if I can avoid it.

So what I’m proposing is to upgrade the ‘mix’ functionality of the soft buttons, or create a new mode altogether, like ‘send mix’.
    In stead of only indicating whether the mix assign is on in blue, it could also indicate whether that mix is muted in red.
    Cooler still would be if there would be a way to control that mute status from the same soft button.
    Perhaps by holding down a modifier like assign or another softbutton. That way we could use eight or nine softbuttons to control the sends AND master mute status of eight mixes. Seems pretty efficient to me.

I hope you like my idea and give it some love.

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

BUMP 🙂

Profile photo of AntiochPHX-TD
    AntiochPHX-TD
    Participant

+1

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.