So many really good and useful suggestions so far

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions So many really good and useful suggestions so far

This topic contains 36 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 9 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I think that Mark was right and the SiEx doesn’t have that either. At least the manual 1.0 implies that, I haven’t downloaded v2.0 yet.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

When would you ever run aux fed subs pre fade? Lets say LR bus feeds mains, Mix1 feeds subs, and kick on CH1. All channels feeding Mix1 are post fade.

The main CH1 channel fader would increase/decrease overall volume of the kick, and the CH1/Mix1 crosspoint would then become your blend, where 0dB would send an equal level of signal to mains and subs, and the +10dB headroom allows you to feed more to the subs than mains.

The only use case i can think of for pre fade aux fed subs would be when you want to send significantly more signal to subs than mains, or to subs only, which would suggest your gain structure is wrong coming out the desk. I don’t understand when you would ever want independent control of sends to mains/subs?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Hero…

Are you using the Qu from stage currently? If so, what did you use previously?

Just trying to get more of an idea where you’re coming from.

Mervaka…

I have the same question regarding pre-fader sends to aux-fed subs.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

“When would you ever run aux fed subs pre fade?”

In a theatre environment for an effect, possibly? But in general no, not in music.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

You do realize that with aux-fed subs run as you describe that the acoustic crossover point between your subs and tops is not stable but shifts in apparent frequency. The phase relationship also skews along with the shift.

So your system response within the room will change right along with any changes you’re making with your designated channel/mix feeds. It will produce audible effects. Whether or not it will effect the listening experience depends on the room, but you won’t be able to hear it from your on-stage mix position.

I’d want to hear any such phenomenon while mixing so it wouldn’t get out of hand.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

As of firmware 1.7: nothing there.
    Time for me to get a real mixer and stop waiting and hoping in vain.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

There’s quite alot in 1.7 – but since you’ve thrown your toys out of the pram you’ll never read this…

In fact I don’t even know which feature you’re complaining about in this thread – you started off with 20+

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.