Snake telemetry – offline warning mechanism

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Snake telemetry – offline warning mechanism

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of fred_fraggle
    fred_fraggle
    Participant

Could a snake ‘offline’ warning option be made available please.

For safety reasons at a recent gig I was obliged to use RCD circuit breakers on every mains outlet (13A mains plugs in walls) in this old building.
    Sadly, and you guessed it, one tripped that was powering a AB168 snake box.

Given the pressure at the time it took a while to work out what was going on… had a mic failed (it was using phantom) .. had a cable failed … etc etc.

A simple ‘Snake box two’ or ‘snake box one’ has gone offline message on the LCD screen would have been a great tool to quickly identify the fault in the event of a power fail.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Yes I had an AR08 go down once and that was behind a screen off to the side of stage, I couldnt get to it the see it.
    All of the vocal went down and like a I repowered the mixer. But all I had to do was unplug\replug the AR08 and it would have picked up sync within seconds,\ however I didnt know where to start looking.
    Right smack in the middle of a show.
    So maybe thats a good idea?

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Although it’s not a notification, a quick way to get an overview would be to look at the input source screen. If you see “N/C” where you expect to see “Main” or “Exp” then you have a problem. Alternatively there are the IO patching screens buried in the setup menus. Maybe there could be a different dS icon in the taskbar to denote that an expander is connected?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

An “E” would be good, I presume the presence of an expanded assumes the main stagebox is working

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

The quickest way to tell when the expander goes off line is by looking at the source. Of course if your on a QU32 and you have your vocals over on the last channels.. youre history
    It can lead to a very fast meltdown.
    To me I would like a full screen flash Dsnake OFF LINE
    Something quite substantial!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.