Snake options

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Snake options

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob Rob 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Eric
    Eric
    Participant

Right not I currently have an SQ5 and an AB168. I’m looking at expanding my snake and have a few questions. I’m looking at the following options and want to get some questions answered.
    Option 1: purchase a second AB168. Obviously this is the most cost effective option and would give me 32 x 16 snake.
    Option 2: purchase a DX168 and in the future get a second one. Would a DX168 work with my existing AB168? Any thing I should be aware of about this set up?
    Option 3: purchase an SQ6 or maybe SQ7. It seems to me that an SQ6 is not that much more expensive than 2 DX168s. It may not give me as many inputs but creates a great monitor/FOH setup for smaller to medium shows. Is there any difference in sound between the preamps in the SQ mixers versus the DX168? Is one better than the other? Would anyone even hear a difference?

Thanks,
    Eric

Profile photo of Rob
    Rob
    Participant

The AB618 and the DX168 use different protocols for communication (dSNake and DX respectively). The SLink port can use either of those protocols, but not both at the same time. You would have to get an SLink expansion card to use both at the same time, and then connect the two stage boxes to separate SLink ports.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.