SLink Option Card

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SLink Option Card

This topic contains 17 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Art Art 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi all,

You may have spotted it on our social media already… but we have just released the brand new SLink Option Card for SQ 🙂
    It works in exactly the same way as the built-in SLink port, and has independent SRC, so now you can connect two different protocols to the same SQ!

All the info is available on our website now : (https://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/sq-slink/).

Cheers!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Vermaak
    Vermaak
    Participant

Hi Keith

Good to see this finally released. Is there a price available?

Can’t seem to find it on your main UK distributors websites?

Thanks

KeithJ A&H

Hi Vermaak,

MSRP: $189.00 😉

Thanks!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Vermaak
    Vermaak
    Participant

Nailed it then!

I was hoping that it would be a reasonable cost compared to say the Dante card (which I guess has licensing costs associated).

Big question is when the UK suppliers will get it in stock?

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

firmware v1.3 is needed?

Can i connect the me-1 thru a poe switch directly to a slink bus?

Richard

KeithJ A&H

Hi Richard,

…more announcements to come in the next few weeks 🙂

We only support either direct connection to the SLink port (when using no expanders of course) as although in theory it is possible, you would need to use a switch and/or a VLAN.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

I mean that if it is possilble to connect a poe switch to the slink card and the me-1 to the poe switch.

The same as to the monitor port of the ar2412.

Richard

Profile photo of BriGuy
    BriGuy
    Participant

Hello – with the SLink Option Card, I see it says that you get an additional 128×128 and that it runs independently.

Does this mean that if I used the card with an existing Dlive system (DM64 and DX32 expander) that I could use all 96 inputs on the SQ7 for monitor purposes, or would I be limited to 48?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

You can route any of those 96 dLive inputs to the SQ. In fact you can even route outputs and mixes of the dLive system to the SQ. But you can’t use more than 48 inputs at once with the SQ.

Profile photo of Lino
    Lino
    Participant

What still confuses me: Why can a QU be connected to the SLink-Card, but not a GLD? Don’t they both utilize DSnake? It pains me, that the only way of interaction between GLD and SQ is Dante with >1000€ investment for two cards…

KeithJ A&H

Hi Lino,

Neither Qu or GLD were ever intended to be able to be connected to another desk directly.
    The ability to connect an SQ to a Qu came about because we were able to change the behavior of the Qu and make it discoverable to an SQ over dSnake. This is not possible with GLD.
    So whilst both desks utilise dSnake, it is not the protocol or SLink that is the restriction – it’s the way the GLD platform works.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Keith
    Keith
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I read this card can be used to do a FOH/MON split. I have the SQ6 as FOH and am adding a SQ5 as a broadcast split with 2 AB168 stage boxes. Could I use an ME-U to perform the split or is there an easier way?

KeithJ A&H

Hi Keith,

The ME-U is used to distribute audio and provide PoE power for ME-1 and ME-500 units.

For the setup you describe, the addition of an SLink card in the SQ-6 would allow you to connect to both the AB168’s on stage, AND the SQ-5 at the same time.
    No other equipment needed 🙂

Cheers Keith!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Phill
    Phill
    Participant

when will it actually available from uk distribution…

Profile photo of tvwonder
    tvwonder
    Participant

Follow-up to Keith’s question – can I set up a SQ6 at FOH, an SQ5 at broadcast, 2 DX168s on stage and ME-U on stage as well, using the new SLink card?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.