SLink Not Working with AR2412 / AR84

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SLink Not Working with AR2412 / AR84

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mikemoore
    mikemoore
    Participant

I am replacing a GLD-112 that is fully set up with AR2412 and an AR84. I have tried connecting to the SLink port on my new SQ7 but nothing lights up. What am I doing wrong? Have tried multiple cables and multiple power on cycles. I’m stumped and don’t know what to do.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

call your dealer!
    Normally it is plug and play…

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Start by checking if the cables connect properly.
    Had the problem at a costumer, who had chosen to by the cables by them self instead of having me deliver some.

We had to open the Ethercon plugs and force the RJ45 part further in to get a stable connection, been running flawlessly since (was done just prior to Covid hit)

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Did you use a CAT5E cable or higher? I believe the GLD series can use CAT5, for SQ 5E or better is to be used.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the connection to the AR2412 is at 100mbit, so no real need for CAT5E
    maybe @keithjah could say something about it…

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hey @steffen

Sure 🙂 You’re correct in the dSnake protocol being fast ethernet, though we recommend Cat5e or higher and STP across all ranges now to avoid any issues.
    There’s more information on connecting to the SLink port here – https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4403666880913-General-Connecting-to-the-SLink-port-
    (this has been shared with Mike already).

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.