SLink Force Mode

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SLink Force Mode

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Showtime Showtime 3 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Senny
    Senny
    Participant

Could there be an option to force the protocol on an SLink card?

Currently my SLink card goes to a 3rd party unmanaged GbE switch to distribute to ME-1s.
    I’ve had to custom make a cable to force it into 100Mbps mode so that it will play nice with the MEs.

What would happen if I was on the road without the ability to crimp my own RJ45s and the one or two I had made just for it, became faulty?
    I couldn’t just grab any old Cat5e rated cable from a trunk or from an electronics store.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Not to be obvious, but why wouldn’t you always carry an “Ethernet Kit”, especially on the road? I have a little Pelican that has all the jazz I need to build and repair all my Ethernet cables. I don’t leave home without it and spare cables to boot.

D.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Take an ethercon coupler or 2, cut the four unwanted cables out of it, label them and put the in the drawercase or toolbox.

The fact that you don’t want to use a&h hardware why should they make a mode on the slink for is.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.