SLink and Tie Lines SQ5 > Avantis

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SLink and Tie Lines SQ5 > Avantis

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of thelmuth thelmuth 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thelmuth
    thelmuth
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is better suited here or in the Avantis Forum. I’m trying to set up a digital split from a GX4816 and a DX168. The expanders are connected to each other. The SLink goes from the GX4816 into the native SLink port on the SQ5 then from the expansion card to the Avantis. I used tie lines to connect my inputs and turned off PreAmp on surface. All my inputs are working as expected.

My issue is, I need some Aux sends from the Avantis to go to the GX4816. I have the aux’s assigned to SLink outputs on the Avantis, but I don’t get signal to them. I can connect the SQ to the same SLink outputs and get signal. What am I missing? Is there a Tie Lines screen for the outputs?

Thanks, Tim.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

you have to route your outputs in both consoles
    first from Avantis to the SQ then from the SQ to the GX/DX

SLink is point to point routing, so every step has it’s own routing

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I think you need to patch the Avantis outputs to its SLink, then on the SQ, use Tie Lines to patch those from the expansion card to the inbuilt SLink.

<Ha – beaten to it!>

Profile photo of thelmuth
    thelmuth
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I figured it out within 2 minutes of getting back to it. Your input and a good night’s sleep was what I needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.