Simple Mix Examples Please

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Simple Mix Examples Please

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Harle000
    Harle000
    Participant

I’m a newbie, and I’ve watched all the videos, and read all the manuals. I appreciate a walk through example of setting a mix.
    Assume I have 4 channels in, 1 & 2 Instruments (Inst), 3 & 4 vocals (Vox).
    Inst have FX applied by the players. Vox are straight to the mixer.
    1. To send Inst 1 and vox 1 to mix 1 – after setting and processing chnls 1 & 3 – and applying FX to Vox 3 – press Mix 1 – set master volume, select adjust fader 1 & 3. (Simple)
    2. I now want to send a stereo mix (IEM) of Inst 1 & 2 to left and Vox right through stereo mix 7/8. I’m a bit lost on how to assign 1 & 2 to left, and 3 & 4 to right.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Very easy. Treat your mix 7/8 as if it were the L/R. After pressing mix 7/8, go to the pan control on the instrument channels and set them accordingly. Then do the same for the vox but pan in the opposite direction. I don’t pan all the way left or right though as this sounds a bit odd in the IEM. About 3 of the leds does the trick.

Harle000
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt response. As I must be as thick as a whale sandwich is the following correct:
    Same channels 1 & 2 instruments, 3 & 4 voice.
    1. Process the channels, FX as required on vocals.
    2. Select Mix 7/8. Do I press SEL on Master strip, or the Mix Assign and SEL for channels 1 & 2 then use Pan (left), do I press anything else before Mix Assign and SEL for 3 & 4 and panning right?
    I seem to keep getting a mono signal through my IEM hence my reason for trying to get the exact process.
    Thanks
    H

Profile photo of Roy
    Roy
    Participant

Once in mix 7/8, press the select button above the instrument and vox channels. No need to press asign as they are by default already assigned. Bear in mind that the mixes are pre fader so the FX won’t be on the mix unless you apply them by going to mix 7/8>layer2 and upping the FX sends on the FX channels you’re using.

Harle000
    Participant

Many thanks. I’ll give it a go. I appreciate the help.
    H

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Where are you?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.