Signal meters freezing

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting Signal meters freezing

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

Our installation fixed install:
    T112 surface, iDR-48 master with port B ACE, iDR-32 slave with port B MMO, wired in a dual rack setup, Firmware 1.94. ME-U wired to the master rack connected with ACE, 9 ME-1 heads. ME-U and heads are current firmware release.

Since we have connected the ME-U, I have started to notice that the signal meters for all channels from the slave rack will freeze about every 3-4 seconds for a duration of about 1 second or less.
    I have also noticed that the ME-U sync request timing is very very close to the same duration and sequence.

If I turn off the ‘iLive mode’ setting in the ME-U, the freezing discontinues, or if I unplug the data link to the ME-U the freezing also discontinues.

Anyone have any thoughts or ideas if this can be corrected?

One of the high points of getting the ME-U was the option of getting channel names from the system, so we would prefer not to have to disable the iLive mode.

Scott.

Underscore
    Participant

I should add that it appears to only be the informational data related to these channels that is affected. The audio does appear to be unaffected when listened to.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

freezing the metering could be a signal for misconfigured networks or something that affects the whole network performance

Underscore
    Participant

So I looked at the network settings tonight.
    The network is stand-a-lone with no connections to any other in-house network wiring. Approx <150′ of cable length from master rack to slave rack. Same length of cable from master rack to ME-U.
    Master rack, touch screen, and surface are all set with default ip settings. Slave rack is set at suggested address of 192.168.1.4
    ME-U is also set at default address of 192.168.1.40
    Cisco router connected to surface network port set at 192.168.1.254, DHCP enabled for wifi with reserved addresses from .100-.200
    Master rack sync is set to internal, master rack port B redundancy setting is set to off(link 1 64 channel audio, link 2 output only)

I did an experiment, mapped physical slave input(say channel 70) signal to ACE channel 48 from slave to master. Programmed master rack channel 31 to ‘Port B ace’ input 48 instead of the physical rack port.

Observed the signal meters between the 2 channels, the physical slave input signal meter still stuttered yet the mapped master rack channel did not, so the audio stream is not affected.

As near as I can see/hear what ever is happening is affecting only the physical slave rack channel metering data stream.
    If I wasn’t quite so OCD….. I’d just ignore it, but I just really don’t think is should be behaving this way.
    Is this something more for a trouble ticket with A&H? I realize the iLive is mfg discontinued, but it’s not at EOL yet, and the ME-U is less than 30 from purchase.

Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

Hi Underscore

I suggest you contact support regarding this issue. Dual-rack with ME-U is going to be an unusual setup, so it is unlikely that anyone else here has the same system.

Welcome, forum rules, and support

cheers

– Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.