Sidechain without External Compressor

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions Sidechain without External Compressor

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paul Swytch
    Paul Swytch
    Participant

I absolutely love the work flow for studio sessions on my Qu24.
    Most of the sessions I’m doing requires side chains so I’m having
    to leave the digital comfort of the Qu, out to Analog, and back.

Having a way to side chain without leaving the digital circuit path would be amazing.

In a live setting, this would also be very helpful to make bass players and kick drums play well together.

Thoughts? +1?

Thank you!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Side chain compression is useful – Although I hadn’t really used it until recently, but it makes various things much easier.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Not sure best way to say it but my experience is get the bass player and drummer to learn to play better together. Don’t try to fix it with gear. :).

Profile photo of Paul Swytch
    Paul Swytch
    Participant

@gcumbee – I guess if it were for my band, that would be understandable; however,
    I was referring to live sound gigs where you don’t know your bands you are working with.

Thanks for your comment though, it was highly constructive. 😉

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Nah. I was being a smarta__. I have just seen too many cases of guys depending on gear to try to solve musical problems. I have worked with the best players and plenty of the worst. I know what you are trying to do.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I,ve a feeling that sidechains per channel may be too much for the CPU to cope with. what may be ppossible would be a really good compressor as an effects unit with fully selectable and equalised side chain.

while I’m here, multiband compression too……

Thanks

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

multi-band compressors for QU… YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pleeeeeaze A&H

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.