Shure ULX integration

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Shure ULX integration

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Storm Mike Storm 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Broman610
    Broman610
    Participant

Looking to find out how the ULX receivers should be physically connected to utilize the RF monitoring. We are looking at possibly using dante for the audio source so I wasn’t sure if we could use dante and the rf monitoring at the same time?

Physically should the primary port of the ULX device be on the same network as the mixrack network port to enable the network monitoring?

Or can I setup dante and utilize the monitoring piece of it at the same time?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Broman610,

We are working on an FAQ / setup document on this very topic, but in the meantime…

If the audio is connected over analogue cables:
    – Set the Shure receiver ‘control network’ to a static IP address compatible to dLive (same subnet)
    – Connect the receiver/s to the dLive MixRack or Surface Network port (use a switch if necessary)

If the audio is connected over Dante e.g. ULX-D to M-Dante, you have two options.

The first option is to combine the Dante and dLive network:
    – Set the Shure receiver to redundant network mode, this is the default factory setting
    – Set the Shure receiver ‘control network’ to a static IP address compatible to dLive (same subnet)
    – Connect the Shure receiver/s, the Dante card and the dLive MixRack / Surface Network port to the same switch
    Do not bridge the Dante card ‘control network port’ to the dLive MixRack / Surface Network port – this is currently unsupported for Shure integration

The second option (personally recommended) is to split the Dante and control network:
    – Set the Shure receiver to a ‘split network’ mode (in this mode, the Primary port on the back of the receiver carries control only, the Secondary port carries Dante only)
    – Connect the receiver/s Primary port (control) to the dLive MixRack / Surface Network port (use a switch if necessary)
    – Connect the receiver/s Secondary port (Dante) to the Dante card

Finally, in any of the configurations above, you could opt for DHCP and have all devices, including dLive, automatically get an IP address from a DHCP server. This could be useful in fixed installs where a server is guaranteed to be present at all times. It’s less likely to be used in live productions or rental.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

So there’s no way to integrate the ULXD gear if we’re running them redundantly and our Dante network is on a separate network than our dLive?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Dustin,
    You can connect the dLive MixRack/Surface Network port to the Primary Dante switch.

Profile photo of Dustin
    Dustin
    Participant

Right, I guess my question would be can the dLive be connected to two different networks at the same time? Our dLive is currently connected to our internet network because it has wifi which we connect iPads to in order to mix in-ears…I’d hate to have to setup a separate wifi router on our Dante network but I guess doing that could be a solution.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

I would seriously consider separating the control and Dante network on Shure. Do you really need Dante redundancy from receiver to the dLive? I imagine it’s short Cat5 cables on stage…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.