Showfiles from GLD to Qu?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Showfiles from GLD to Qu?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Volum Volum 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Sorry if this question should be placed in the Qu-forum, but it seems my login data does not apply there…

Can my showfiles from GLD80 be used with the QuPack mixer?

I am thinking about ordering a Qu-Pack mixer on Monday, and know that the stageracks (AR2412 and 84) that I have for my GLD80 can be used with the Qu-Pack. But what about the showfiles? Can they be used, but only with some editing and modifications? What kind of other “problems” might I run into when swapping showfiles between these two mixers, if possible?

My use is for live purposes, and the thought was to have the Qu-pack as a small format mixer for the club/pub-stages where there is no room for a mixer FOH. But of course I would like to be able to swap the showfiles between the two with a minimum of tweaking…

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

My guess is no. Different protocols. But I could be wrong. I have seen nothing ever about it which leads me to believe that it won’t work.

Profile photo of mervaka
    mervaka
    Participant

Until a translator is written, I’d say it’s impossible. Different ecosystems.

Profile photo of Volum
    Volum
    Participant

Thanks guys.

I’ll put my thinking-cap on then. It would have been good to be able to use my existing stageracks with a new mixer, but maybe not worth spending around $2300 on a QuPack as long as it already has enough local inputs, and i know my use of it will be on smaller stages…
    Maybe I’ll go for the Soundcraft Ui16 instead, it arrives in June. They are about $800, so lot’s of money to be saved. And it might be just big enough with the 12 XLR’s… Awaiting the Ui24 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.