Show recall from USB issues

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Show recall from USB issues

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob-Spence Rob-Spence 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

I discovered a couple of issues around scene and show saving and recall.

I have submitted a ticket but thought the community should know.

I build a show on my SQ5 v1.2 mixer configured with 3 stereo pairs of local inputs.
    I then saved it to a scene and promptly recalled it so the current scene name was correct.
    I then saved the show to USB.

I made some changes to prepare for a different show and then did the saves to scene and USB.

Next, I recalled the first show from the USB and select scene manager…

1) I notice that it has the default scene highlighted, not the scene that was loaded at the time of the saves.

2) It also, at the top of the screen, shows the current scene as the most recent scene from the previous show file. The displayed scene does not exist in the file I loaded.

3) Also (and most important to me), the stereo pairs are no longer there.

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

With regards to your first point, the Show recalls the state the desk was last left in when the show was stored, so it doesn’t actually recall a scene. Adding to this, unfortunately there isn’t a mechanism in place to allow a scene to be recalled when you load a show.

For your second point, although the naming is still visible, the file is no longer on the console. This purely relates to the last scene recalled.

And lastly, the mixer configuration is stored on a show level so this may be why your scene recall has not recalled the stereo pairs. Unfortunately, changing mixer configuration during a show is not recommended as this could interrupt audio.

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

Well, I discovered today that the stereo pairs did restore on the show file load.

I am not sure what I did wrong in my testing yesterday. I really wanted it to work right.

Too bad there wasn’t some drug induced state I could blame. Only perhaps too much coffee.

My apologies.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.