Show file compatibility SQ5 > SQ6

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Show file compatibility SQ5 > SQ6

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

I have a gig coming up with an SQ6 and will not see the desk till I get there.
    I have an SQ5. Since there is no off line editor, could I build a show file on my SQ5 and load it on the SQ6 when I get to the gig? There will only be a few local inputs and outputs from two matrices for two pair of speakers but I would rather not try to figure out how the SQ6 was last configured nor do a factory reset and configure from scratch just before the event.

Thanks

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Should be absolutely fine.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@rob-spence ,

An SQ-5 show will load on an SQ-6 as you might logically expect – i.e. With 16 channels assigned per layer, nothing patched from the extra inputs or to the extra outputs, nothing assigned to the Soft Rotaries or extra SoftKeys…

But yes, as @markpaman says, it will work just fine 🙂

Cheers!
    Keith.

Rob-Spence
    Participant

That’s great. Thanks.

Rob-Spence
    Participant

I am using 3 groups and 2 matrices. Will the routing be carried over too?
    I am only using inputs 5-16 and outputs 9-12.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @rob-spence ,

The differences between SQ models is in the amount of control and the local IO (faders, soft controls, number of preamps and number of outputs), the mixing core has the same capability in all SQ’s.
    So everything other than these, including mixer config settings, levels, routing, processing etc… will carry across with no change.

i.e. something patched to output#12 on an SQ-5 will still be patched to output#12 if the show is carried over to an SQ-6. This is actually one of the reasons output sockets 11 and 12 are labelled L and R on every model, as this is the default LR output patch.

In short, yes!

Cheers,
    Keith.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.