Show File Compatibility between SQ5 and SQ6

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Show File Compatibility between SQ5 and SQ6

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JeroenAudio JeroenAudio 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nate
    Nate
    Participant

Hello,

I use an SQ5 and two DX168’s for a portable campus at my church. We currently transport the gear to our main campus each week so the band can practice. As a possible solution to this, I’m proposing we buy the same gear and put it in our youth room at the main campus so the band can rehearse and not have to transport the portable gear.

My question is: If I put an SQ6 in the youth room instead of an SQ5 could I still load my show file (from the SQ5) into the SQ6, run rehearsal and save IEM settings, and then load it back into the SQ5 at the portable campus?? In short, is an SQ show file cross compatible between the different sizes of consoles?

Thanks!
    -Nate

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Hi Nate,

Assuming you have the same software version on both consoles: yes. However, keep in mind that the SQ5 is a smaller console, which means that for instance faders 17-24 can not be used / do not exist on the SQ5. The SQ6 has also more user definable soft keys. Keep this in mind when setting up the consoles, including your personal layers.

Profile photo of Nate
    Nate
    Participant

Ok that makes sense! So if I load my SQ5 file onto the SQ6 will faders 17-24 just be blank?

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Yes, that’s right.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.