Show File

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rick d Rick d 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rick d
    Rick d
    Participant

New user here on the c2500. I understand that the surface should boot to the last show used. We have spent a lot of time doing eq compressor work and have built a show that we like. When we boot up the surface the last show and last scene are blank is That correct or should I see the name of our show file. We want to set up users but the scene they use need to be for the correct show file
    Thanks for any help

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

I’d be interested to see what someone says on this.
    As you make the show edits, I presume you are saving them, yes?
    When the system boots, is it booting and loading your changes?
    I’m thinking that in order for the name of this show to show up under “last show” you have to use the recall/load function to load the show from the saved file at least once to populate the data register with information(boot up alone won’t do it). I would imagine that the scene info would be similar(you need to ‘recall’ one to populate the data register). System start up would load the scene that was last active(not necessary the last recalled) unless there is an option to select a specific scene on boot/load.

I know that with the iLive, if I wanted a specific show file to be recalled on start up I had to be sure that the file was the last recalled/loaded show file just before the system was shut down. Otherwise, when it would boot, it would boot to the last state it was when it was shut down(including all changes since the listed show file was saved), not necessarily the show file(as saved/stored) listed on the status screen. I don’t know with the dLive if you can boot to a specific scene like the older one would allow you to do.
    I would load our base show, make edits and save under a new name. Shut down system, on next boot it would load the status as shutdown, showing “base show” in the last show recalled info, yet the edits I made were loaded from the “shut down state” config that was stored on shutdown(hidden info).

To help correct this confusion, I load the base show, store the show with the new name(I use dates), then recall that newly names show file. Now the ‘last show’ data is populated with my new show file info. I can then do my edits and modifications, save the edits before shutdown. On the next boot up, it will load all the edits and state of the system as it was when shut down.(provided no one else boots the system and makes changes, but that’s another issue… lol )

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the system boots to the last state… always
    and then you can apply a scene to recall on the last step in boot sequence
    this will override your changes made since the last save (scene or show)

Profile photo of Rick d
    Rick d
    Participant

I assume then that it does not load all the information for example muted softkey etc.

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

There is an internal scene #65535 that is aways the current state of the board and is the restore point on a restart. Any scene recalled is applied on top of this, subject to filters.

Everything stays – mutes, fader levels, fx, dyn8, everything. I use mute group 8 as a “mute all”, set it before power down, and depend on it to keep everything quite until I’m ready to unmute the system.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

the console loads the last state on boot, if the last state is unmuted it stays unmuted
    if you need a different state,
    you have to define this in a scene and then you can apply an automatic startup scene

Profile photo of Rick d
    Rick d
    Participant

Thank you so much for the help I got it now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.