Show conversion tool for dLive and Avantis shows

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Show conversion tool for dLive and Avantis shows

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex Alex 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Today I got the information that I have to do a show of one of my bands using the Avantis of the venue. I have a show file for that band for a dLive with round about 30 channels, eight monitor mixes and so on, and approx 20 scenes.
    Unfortunately there is no tool available, or do I miss something, to convert the dLive show to a avantis show. I simply tried to load the show in the current Avantis director, but that do not work. Yamaha, as an example, provides such a conversion tool for their digital mixer product range, and I would love to have such tool for the A&H product range as well. Especially the Avantis and the dLive seems to be very similar, but with different amount of resources.
    Tha fact is that I have to try to copy the settings of the dLive parameter per parameter from the dLive show to the Avantis, MANUALLY!!!!!!! This costs me hours and hours for some days.
    So, can we have such a tool in near future?

Profile photo of nolman
    nolman
    Participant

Any updates on this ?

Profile photo of M Van Houten
    M Van Houten
    Participant

Given the software is very similar, this would make a lot of sense.
    They even have the same file type/directory when saved on a stick.
    Even if it is not on-board the consoles perhaps a director based conversion would be way forward.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Maybe with some DIY via Midi to get the levels from one console to the other.
    Or the fantastic DavidGiga will create such tool (maybe this time with the help of A&H?)

πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Jemx
    Jemx
    Participant

Hello guys,

I can provide a (paid) service to convert your showfile between Allen&Heath consoles. I’ve written some custom software to copy the parameters of one console to another.

It’s currently not possible to convert every parameter, but most of them. What can be done is everything a channel strip can do (minus inserts), aux sends, groups, dcas, fx returns, fx sends. If both consoles can do the same effects, the effect parameters (e.g. reverb decay, room size etc.) can also be copied.

If you are interested, write me a message πŸ™‚

Cheers Jemx

Profile photo of Alex
    Alex
    Participant

It’s needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.