show compatibility between QU mixers?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions show compatibility between QU mixers?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of dpdan dpdan 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

I have a Qu-24 and will be doing a job at a facility that already has their own Qu-16.
    If I create a scene ahead of time on my Qu-24, can I load it into their Qu-16 provided both have the most recent firmware?

TIA

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

AFAIK yes, but obviously the features in the 24’s scene that don’t apply to the Qu16 (eg mtxs, groups, ch17-24, extra FX buses, last 8x faders on the custom layer, extra softkeys etc) won’t be recalled on the Qu16. If you then save the scene on the 16 and put it back on the 24, I think you lose those all those extra things too. You’d also have to watch your patching with Qu-Drive, USB-B and dSnake if any of those aren’t on defaults when you recall your scene (eg if Qu-Drive track5 was set record input24 on the QU24, then you loaded up the scene on the Qu16, Qu16 doesn’t have an input24. Not sure if it would record the default for track5 (input5) or if it would record nothing. Best to check anyway.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

got it,
    I think you’re right,
    thanks Cornelius!
    Dan

Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi Dan, Cornelius is right. Shows are compatible but any sends to busses (FX, GRPS, MTX) and assignments would not be recalled. Assignments any channels which have been unassigned from LR in Qu-24/32, would need to be reassigned in Qu-16.
    Cheers. Harry.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

sooper dooper!!!!

Thank you Sir!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.