Show- and Scene-Manager: integration tool for guest scenes

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Show- and Scene-Manager: integration tool for guest scenes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

I do a lot of smaller festivals and more and more there are sound engineers who worked on a GLD-80 with their band before and they want to load their show-file on my GLD-80. The problem is that i have to copy all the settings made on Front-PA and Monitors to their show-file!
    What i wish is an easy tool where you can import just specific settings and scenes from another show-file! At minimum if it’s possible in the offline editor! (Better would be integrated in the GLD-80… however!)

Best workaround would be:
    – Save the festival-settings like Front EQ, Monitor-EQ’s and all the routing options in a scene and this scene in a separate show file.
    – start this “new integration tool” and load the guest-showfile into that. After doing this, the software compares the main-settings failures and gives the possibility to: overwrite the existing settings or to leave (“safe”) the actual settings!
    – It should be possible now to select the wanted scenes from the guest-show to copy them to the existing show-file!
    – All settings affected a channel that doesn’t exist anymore (for example an AUX) get lost!

I’m sure there will be some more feature this “Tool” should have.. maybe something like copy specific channels to another channel (not just like copy channel 1 from one show to channel 1 of another show.. more like copy Channel 1 to Channel 6!)
    However, a first step and in my opinion a really big request would be done with a simple tool described above!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We have a tool in iLive which is exactly what you are asking for – a Scene import with filters 🙂

However you can try this workaround with GLD: open the guest Show and copy a Scene. Open your festival Show again and paste into an empty Scene location. Now either set some Recall Filters for this Scene or some global Scene Safes so that your output patch etc. are not affected when you press Recall.

It’s not ideal as it still requires to jump from one Show to the other, and I believe it’s never been documented – probably needs some more testing! I guess different bus configurations will result in the GLD attempting a ‘best fit’.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

cool thx nicola! I didn’t know that you can copy a scene! will try that next time i’m in front of the GLD!

Off Topic: is anyone of you attending the Pro Light and Sound in Frankfurt next week? I would like to meet you guys there! You did great work, especially with the GLD-Series! I think it’s one of the best digital mixers at the moment! fast – easy – powerful! Can’t wait for next firmware update with scene fades and of course the iLive 2! ;D

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

is anyone of you attending the Pro Light and Sound in Frankfurt next week?

Sure we are. Léon and I will be there together with representatives from Sales, Marketing and R&D.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.