shall i stay or shall I go soundcraft

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions shall i stay or shall I go soundcraft

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 35 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BLKGHOST BLKGHOST 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

I wouldn’t be too disappointed about the label, not all things are created equal in China.
    If A&H make them there then it’s obviously good enough, have you ever heard any horror stories about A&H build quality?
    My shiny iDevices are all made in China and are superbly built, as is much of the tech I own.
    I wouldn’t worry about it:)

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Made in China can be great if you have someone who can go check the manufacturing to make sure they don’t cut corners. My board was made in China (Qu-24) and I’m not worried at all about it’s built quality.

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

I had a studio-live 16.4.2 sometimes it would freeze but later for no reason the network card died a few weeks after 1 yr warrenty. I had to pay shipping and 250$ to get it fixed. I sold it and got he QU-16 built in UK it’s been rock solid. Just ordered a Qu-24 too I’m sure its made in china but A & H is pretty strict about build quality.

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

I need help! I have problem with buzzing on channel. It’s preamp is on +40db, and jack cable is plugged in. It’s buzzing even though it isn’t plugged into instrument and if I unplug it from channel, it stopes. Something wrong with cable/electricity/doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

+40dB with a floating cable will buzz. Plug it in (mute it first)

Profile photo of BLKGHOST
    BLKGHOST
    Participant

Do you really need that much gain? I mean +40….is it even possible to get it as high? Anyway, like Bob said, of course it will buzz if there<s nothing at the end. And what type of cable are you using? By the way, you should start a new thread for you question.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.