shall i stay or shall I go soundcraft

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions shall i stay or shall I go soundcraft

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 35 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BLKGHOST BLKGHOST 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

That’s the two I had. The 16.4.2 would lose FireWire sync and go silent for a few seconds when recording to the laptop. It happened twice then never used it for recording again out at a gig. The qu drive is probably the deciding factor for the desk over the Soundcraft Expression, I never really considered a Behringer no matter how good it seems:/

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

I was on my third Presonus SL24.4.2 when the Qu-16 came out. They had gone down twice in the middle of a show. It’s a great board and I like the workflow better but I wish they had better quality control. In all fairness to them, they are easy to use and their customer relations are excellent. They also have a great support community. I had a 16.4.2 that worked flawlessly.

I had sold my A&H GL series when I went to the Presonus. I was happy to see the new Qu line. I hope they keep their production in the UK and don’t farm it out to some electronics mill in China. If they focus on quality, they’ll win the customer loyalty game.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I was talking to one of the reps from Audio Technica in January prior to buying my QU-16, he said eventually A&H will move production over to the Far East, but, said quality control would not suffer. Designed and manufactured in England was a big plus for me in buying the desk, especially if you decide to sell on later down the line.

Lee

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

I had a 16.0.2 then a 16.4.2. Interesting that your experience is similar to mine.

I used to have an AH mix wizard – terrific desk and that was made in China.

Just like the uk, there are good and bad Chinese factories. Most pc’s are made in China, as are apple products.

The key is picking a good factory and keeping in top of quality control – I’m certain AH know how to do that.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

My qu16 is made in China. I didn’t know that they were making the qu’s in the uk?

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

I have a feeling I saw made in China on my qu16, I’ll check next time I use it

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

All A&H products are Made in the UK when first designed etc and once everything seems ok they ship out to China, keeps costs down. Or so I was told. So it sounds as if the QU-16 has is being made overseas.

Lee

Profile photo of cobbler
    cobbler
    Participant

I have a QU-24 and it was made in China.

Profile photo of DMAudio
    DMAudio
    Participant

Seems a few on here have made the shift same as I did. A&H GL, then a Presonus 16.4.2 which was great, but somehow could never trust it, and the comps were pretty horrible sounding. Now happily in my QU-16 bubble and constantly thinking, this is the desk I should have bought a year ago!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

My GLDs say made in UK. QU says China

robbocurry
    Participant

My Qu24 says Uk, ar2412 says China.

Profile photo of Einstein
    Einstein
    Participant

I´m confused.
    My brain don´t understand about where are A&H making their products.
    Everybody knows that Made in China seems poor quality!
    Qu Series has huge differences in price against GLD or iLive series.
    But is important to know the quality of Qu-24 Digital desk.
    It is really works fine?
    Qu-24 is a good product in a range of prices?

robbocurry
    Participant

This isn’t Behringer we’re talking about here! A&H are a premium brand and wouldn’t risk their reputation by employing sub standard manufacturing. Lots of great stuff is made in China. Part production there probably suits for economic reasons and to speed up distribution half a world away from the UK.
    I’ve had at least seven A&H mixers over the years and I’ve come to rely on them as a rugged, reliable and quality brand.
    I never checked where my previous desks were made, I never saw the need to do so. As long as it keeps working it’ll not be an issue to me. My AR was made in China but I’ve not concerns about it at all. I really wouldn’t worry about it. I’m over the moon with my QU24, for the money it’s an awesome desk:)

Profile photo of Einstein
    Einstein
    Participant

Thanks.
    Your words give a new breath!

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

My brand new qu-16 says Designed in England. Made in China.

Is that normal? The newest models of this console are made in China?

I am a little bit confused and dessapointed with this “label”.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.