Settings to multi-track record to hard disk?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Settings to multi-track record to hard disk?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Dave 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Smalltown Jim
    Smalltown Jim
    Participant

Hi,
    For the 1st time I’m attempting to make a multitrack recording to a USB drive; it’s being recorded to a HP “Media” drive (Old school physical disks hard-drive) with external power, and it may not be compatible, but the QU16 (Firmware Ver 1.90.4537) does allow me to format the drive and it appears to be Ok and to accept an initial Record status at the touch screen, but I do not seem to be able to “Arm” or put the hard-drive into a standby mode to record my audio tracks from the QU16s input channels.
    I expected to be able to select the input channels to record from, but perhaps this is not correct procedure?
    As this is my 1st attempt at multitrack recording, I may have missed a step in the setup procedure?

All help appreciated,

Thanks,
    Jim.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Jim…

All channels will be recorded with no “arming” required per channel. All or nothing.

I also use an older hard drive. It’s a Seagate 500 gig 7200 rpm. All you have to watch out for is vibration or shocks causing skips, so make sure it’s set up as isolated as possible.

Good luck.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

You can in fact select what channels will record to qu-drive, i believe from the routing menu, the most common reason why you would do this is if you wanted to include one of the 3 stereo inputs. But by default it will record inputs 1-16 and the main LR i believe. You arm the HD from the QU-drive multitrack menu, by pressing the record button. Then once it is flashing, press play and you will be recording.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.