setting up sq7 for online broadcasting using windows 10 pc

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting setting up sq7 for online broadcasting using windows 10 pc

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of josh
    josh
    Participant

Hi,

new at this game.

im trying to setup our sq7 on a windows 10 pc to be used for online broadcasting.

I’m note getting sound out of it.

downloaded the drivers already and also updated the firmware on the mixer.

really need the help.

thanks

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

what software are you using in the win10 pc?

do you mean am/fm radio, tv, or streaming when you say broadcast?

not getting sound out of it? sq7 or win10 ??
    where are you not getting sound out of ‘it’ ??

what drivers did you dl for the pc ?

really need more information

Profile photo of josh
    josh
    Participant

we are trying to use it on obs and zoom.

I’m not getting sound in windows 10

downloaded the latest drivers for sq7 and updated the firmware on the mixer.

so I was trying to use it with obs, and did not get a sound,
    so I checked the driver selected, it is the Line SQ for the input. I use another driver for the output so it will not be in conflict. I used the built.in output driver on my laptop.
    I checked the input signal in sound settings and I see that there is a signal… but it does not give output to the specified driver( in this case the built.in output device) I checked the SQ USB control panel it says ASIO not activated, I wanted to send screen shots.

volounteer
    Participant

So did you download ASIO or ASIO4all and activate it?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

So did you download ASIO or ASIO4all and activate it?

OBS does not use ASIO by default and from the OP it sounds like ASIO/WDM drivers have already been installed, so installing/using ASIO4ALL might not make any difference in this case.
    There is an ASIO plugin for OBS which might help – https://github.com/Andersama/obs-asio/releases

Then it should just be a case of tracing and checking the signal path; input socket > input channel > mix > output socket (USB) > computer (via driver) > application input.

Checking with other software that can use WDM (a stereo Windows input device sourced from 1&2) or ASIO (direct access to all 32 input channels) could help point toward either the SQ/driver or OBS being at fault.
    There should also be no conflict when using the SQ for the application output either as this would simply use some of the 32 USB channels that run back from the computer to the SQ (as the interface is 32×32 and bidirectional).

If there are still issues, please contact us using support.allen-heath.com and we’ll be happy to work through it with you.

Thanks,
    Keith.

volounteer
    Participant

@KeithJ A&H

Thanks for the clarification.

I would still look at the win10 software and drivers and options selected before looking at the SQ.
    Seems odd that with all the obs streaming that started recently that nobody else has seen this problem already.

Like the bookie said:
    The race is not always to the swift, the battle is not always to the strong, but that is the way to bet.

My first choice for betting on the cause of problems is always windoze especially win8/10.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.