Setting up an in ear monitor system.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Setting up an in ear monitor system.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Hello everyone,

At the school where I work our chapel currently is running a QU 32 mixer with an AB168 in the front for instruments and mic lines. There are 8 outputs on the unit and 3 of which are being occupied by
    FOH (2 speakers and a sub). The team wants to start using body the Behringer P1 body packs to run click and tracks, I have no idea how to set up and actually control their own personal mixes per pack via our iPad or the physical mixer itself.

What would I have to do set up a basic in ear monitor system?
    Thank you.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

Dont know (for sure) cant say
    but… some clues….

Our MD set it up using a mix channel for hearing assist.
    He also has about a dozen mikes mixed that goes to stage monitors via 4 separate mix channels hardwired from the board via a snake. Those feed front wedges, back wedges by the choir, and smaller monitors for the piano, organ, and choir director, and one in the loft with the organ pipes.

I presume that your mix would go to some broadcast type amplifer and then be received by the IEM users like our hearing assist ones do.
    I would also think that they control their own from your basic feed. See the ads for the Behringer P1.
    The info on the P1 shows they can control balance and volume.

It also shows XLR connectors so that would imply they are wired to the board remotely not wirelessly like ours.

Read the reviews. P1 has a lot of negative ones. And it is NOT wireLESS which you might want for IEM onstage.

If they want to adjust EQ or other things I presume there might be some AH QUdoodad [Qu Pad, ME, ap,….]for their use similar to the Qu IPad gadget our MD has to do things like that. Else you have to adjust EQ and other things for them on the Qu32. We do not have any of those other devices so no idea what control they offer someone on stage.

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Bob, so you now have 5 outputs on the AB168 left to use for IEM. The Qu-32 has 4 mono and 3 stereo mixes, plus 4 stereo groups that can be used as mixes. You need to determine how many IEMs you need, whether they need to be stereo or can be mono. The P1 packs can be used for stereo or mono mixes. With 3 outputs used for your PA speakers, you have 5 left. You can have 5 mono mixes, 1 stereo and 3 mono mixes, etc…
    You can adjust the mixes from the board, the iPad app, or each person with an IEM can use the Qu-You app on their phone or tablet and adjust their own mix.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The QU YOU APP works great, you can set it up to only control one persons mix, you can pick and chose the the channels you want to control and more or less build a mini mixer surface. You can take it one more step and set up sub groups say a vocal group, instrument group and drum group. The thumb wheels then make it easy to adjust the channel groups in the overall IEM mix.
    You can also adjust overall mix EQ with the APP. Bands with IEM’s that have used the QU YOU APP say it’s one of the best personal monitor mix APP’s they have used.

I think eight is the max number of QU YOU APP’s that can be connected to the mixer
    at the same time.

If you need to re-assign the output routing on the AB168 stage box that is in the I/O set up menu.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.