Set Faders to Unity in SQ MixPad

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Set Faders to Unity in SQ MixPad

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 2PhatCC
    2PhatCC
    Participant

Using SQ MixPad for Windows to set up a show for the first tim. I’m just curious if anyone knows a way to automatically set faders to unity in MixPad. Double clicking somewhere, or somewhere I can just type “0” with my keyboard? Or do I have to use my mouse and manually move it up, trying really hard to hit 0? I have to set about 80 scenes with 21 different microphones, so trying to figure out the quickest way to set the faders.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@2PhatCC

By clicking/touching to select the fader to move as normal, move the cursor/finger away from the control to the left or right – the further you are away, the more fine the control.
    This method works with all value parameters, though if the adjustment is made left/right then move away up/down for fine control instead.
    Using this, it’s much easier to get to particular fader values, especially if you drag up the centre divide so you also have bigger faders.

Then the quickest way to make changes across multiple scenes is with temporary use of global filters and/or safes.
    When you store a scene, everything is stored, but the global or scene filters prevent or allow recall of particular parameters and safes prevent changes to a whole channel.
    In your case, depending on whether it’s ok to change all input fader levels you could either.
    – Set inputs>fader filter to block, recall the first scene, set the fader levels to 0, recall the next scene (faders won’t changes but other parameters will), re-store the scene, continue recalling and re-storing scenes. This will overwrite all fader levels on all channels.
    – ‘Safe’ the 21 input channels for your mics, set the fader levels to 0, recall and then re-store scenes as before. This will overwrite all processing and level settings across the scenes for just those channels.

If you have different parameter settings for the channels as well as different fader settings on other channels across the scenes though, then you would need to go through and set them manually.

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Mixing Station has an optional setting where double click on a fader sets it to unity. Faster to do it on the desk, though. Hold down Reset and flick a fader up. It will snap to unity.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.