Separated search function in forums

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Separated search function in forums

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nwegab
    nwegab
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to search in specific forums (eg. in SQ feature suggestions).
    It would be much more effective, and help users to find relevant topics.
    Current search function searches in all other forums as well.
    What is more, it could prevent users to duplicate/recreate similar topics or feature requests.
    Without a proper search function, a reasonable person won’t waste the time and won’t read hundreds of topics one by one.
    It could be much better for users, and for support guys as well!
    BR, Gábor

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@nwegab use google

enter search for << whatever >> and then enter << site:https://community.allen-heath.com/forums/ >>
    see google for more info on this feature

Profile photo of nwegab
    nwegab
    Participant

Thank you for the idea!
    On the other hand, if the customers are important for a company, the company will create a better user experience, because many customers won’t complain, just try to find better experience somewhere else.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@nwegab

there are plenty of things I complain about but searching the forum is not on my list

statistically most people will never complain
    they tough it out or they move on depending on how much the annoyance really bothers them

AH has finite resources and has to allocate them across all possible actions to best serve AH and their longevity
    when/if UI on the forum is a big issue they will change it
    but since they use wordpress I suspect they already rated the forum priority as very low

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.