Separate PEQ for FOH and AUX on channel strips

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Separate PEQ for FOH and AUX on channel strips

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of eotsskleet eotsskleet 10 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of radrichards
    radrichards
    Participant

i would like to have isolated EQ for the FOH.
    while also having basic EQ adjusting capability for on stage sends.

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

Depending on how many channels you already use (how full your console is), you could feed two sets of channels from the same inputs, using one set for FOH and the other set for monitors.
    I always double at least my important channels (i.e. lead vox, main soloist) that way, if I have to feed monitors from the FOH console.

Pit

radrichards
    Participant

i had thought of this however you cant assign 2 input channels to the same Dsnake Hardware input.
    would i need to use the insert retune to achieve this in your experience Pit? because then i would need to “waste an output” to gain the return input. admittedly i can waste a digital out, but it just seems messy to me.

Profile photo of Pit Lenz
    Pit Lenz
    Participant

In the input and gain section of each channel (in the processing window, not the I/O window) you can freely choose any inputs available. Let’ say you want to double 12 channels:
    you select ch.1, open the input window, choose input 1 as source. Then you select ch.13 and in the input window you can again choose input 1. Proceed like that with the rest of your channels.

This works only if you select the inputs in the processing window.

Pit

radrichards
    Participant

Wow! perfect Pit! thank you so much… i wonder why you cant do the same in the I/O section?… possible bug fix maybe.

Legend.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

you can do this in the I/O section! Try it and you will see all assigned channels to one input when you open the drop-down menu “source”! (Well i think it was working with the older firmware.. didn’t need it the last few times!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.